Sunday, June 13, 2010

OUR SUMMER ADVENTURE

It started out with a quick packing job from Logan and a 5 hour drive to Boise (that turned into a 6 plus hour drive). We were so glad we were able to go and spend time with the family in the Boise area.

We were able to attend the Burnett shin-dig that included Lucy's baby blessing and Sariah's baptism (yes in one day). We were able to see Ben play a wicked game of soccer...he scored so many points. And were able to attend church with Luke and his family. Thanks again guys for letting us come and stay.

This is my funny story of the trip...I was changing Quinn's explosive diaper when Ben came into the room and asked what I was doing. I told him Quinn had a poopy diaper and it needed to be changed. He asked, "does she poop big?" and in my mind I thought he meant does she poop a large amount. So I told Ben that normally she doesn't, but this time she did. He looked confused so I showed him. I know gross, but the only way for me to explain was to show him. He looked at me again and I thought he was going to tell me that was gross (after all it was a messy diaper) when he said, "that's nothing. When I poop, it's like this big" holding up his hands to show me how large he can poop. I was laughing so hard. I told him, "Wow that is really big." Ben, that memory months later still makes me laugh at night. Jesse will ask me what is so funny and all I have do is hold up my hands and say "that's nothing. When I poop it's like this big" and Jesse and I will be rolling around laughing. I think that story will be funny to me in 5o years. Thanks Ben for the memories.

Apparently Bennett doesn't want a bath. There is also a picture of Bennett trying to escape, but I wanted to keep this blog "G" rated.

Ben is the one doing the "thumbs up" sign.

No comments: