Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8th


After much sign language and speaking slowly, the Relief Society president asked me to feed the missionaries (it is really quite sweet how patient the sisters in our ward are with me in trying to help me understand and try to include me)...and the missionaries came on Tuesday.

Something I didn't know was how late Mexican's eat here (not all, but many). They eat lunch about 2-3 and dinner about 8. I understood from the sister's that they were coming at 3, but I misunderstood our crazy spanglish/sign language we were trying to do and they came at two...no big deal.

It was our lucky day because the Elder's were on splits today and I got two American Elders: Elder Dunn and Elder Good. I guess when Elder Dunn told Elder Good he was eating with an American family today he got really excited!

We ate yummy Hawaiian Haystacks and Elder Good and I were both shocked when Elder Dunn said he had never had Hawaiian Haystacks? WHAT? You're an American Mormon?!?

They commented on how different it was to speak and teach in English. I think it was fun for everyone to have them come.

Bennett LOVED playing with them, and when I called them into lunch, they were sword fighting. Bennett would shout, "Yes, I made it to the next level" when he got the missionary...so funny.

No comments: