Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday June 11th Spanish day

Our water bottles have been breaking left and right and we are down to one. So the kids have had to share, and honestly they are doing great with that! We count to five and then it is the others turn to drink. It keeps them happy and Quinn likes to pretend that she is counting with her fingers like Mommy. Well because we are trying to teach them some Spanish, we started to count IN Spanish (amazing concept I know). Then out of the blue, I hand Quinn the water bottle and Bennett starts counting in Spanish like it is no big deal and then says “my turn.” Sheesh, Jesse and I were a little shocked, where in the world did he know that (Jesse hasn’t heard that I had been saying Spanish to them). I almost forgot to give him the water until Bennett says even louder “my turn.”

And then Quinn pushes the luggage over and Bennett says “Oh Quinn, no gracias”

Well now is my turn to toot my horn…I go shopping by myself (thank you, thank you) and it is at established businesses because, one I fear getting sick and two, I don’t speak Spanish, AT ALL! Plus most tiendas and vendures frown on strollers and it is so much easier to shop at the Bodega or Walmart. Yes I am killing the cultural experience, but we love going to the zocalo (the city center) and look. The zocalo is like a farmers market meets county fair in Mexico. It is quite a sight to see (photos later). Well all by myself I bought two pots, all in Spanish, thank you thank you! Granted all I asked was the price, told her which two, paid her and said see ya later! It isn’t much, but I felt like my training wheels were taken off, Wahoo!

No comments: