Wednesday, June 8, 2011

TMI Be Forewarned!!

LIME GREEN POOP! That is what I am dealing with today. Don’t worry, no pictures for this entry, tempting because this was a marvel to behold, but I refrained. This is very detailed and personal, so be forewarned. Poop is a huge part of our lives, more than I ever thought it was possible. Without getting too detailed, I think people in Mexico poop a lot! And Alicia, I don’t think it is because they are really healthy. And do you know that they believe flushing toilet paper down the toilet will clog the system so they don't flush their TP?!? I'll let your imagination run wild with that one. Anyway,

I am not exaggerating when I say we run (like we are about to win the gold and put our whole hearts into this) to the bathroom when Bennett says he has to poop. We either get there super fast or clean up a poopy mess…I honestly don’t know what it is about Mexico, maybe the air we breathe, but Bennett doesn’t eat “Mexican food” or anything out of routine. And Bennett is so good about pooping in the toilet, that really this is a big deal when he poops his pants.

I had a poop day on Monday (Quinn has always been a great pooper, but now that we are in Mexico, she is a poop MACHINE), Bennett accidently locked himself in our room while I was making dinner and pooped his pants and I am constantly picking up Scruffy’s poop (outside, but still poop is poop), just a poopy day.

Just a side note: Quinn really poops a lot, so much in fact that I asked our doctor about it (because Jesse and I were shocked that so much can come out of such a little being) and the doctor said it was normal-I don’t know how that is normal, but she is growing and healthy so we trusted him. So, now she poops even MORE and we are over run with poopy diapers. We have had to resort to sticking them in little plastic baggies to seal the smell in…we can’t leave them outside or the dogs will get them and that is even more of a poopy mess. Anyway, just a fun fact of our lives…back to our story:

Well today was no different. Bennett found that he couldn’t make it to the bathroom on time and was trying to tell me he pooped, but I was distracted with our company (yes leave it to me to have company when something like this happens) and I saw this lime green bouncy ball on the floor. “Weird,” I thought because we don’t have any lime green bouncy balls, maybe it was our friend Santiago’s who was over. But then I noticed the smell and it finally clicked what Bennett had been trying to tell me…MAN, we just sat down to dinner.

Super Mom of the year award: I made Bennett wait until after prayers to take him upstairs…Unbelievable, I know. Line up if you want any parenting advice from me because I feel I am going to do great things!!

As you may have guessed, my bouncy ball was poop and I am NOT kidding when I say it was LIME green. We haven't even eat anything that color (ever). I mean it was so bright, like one of their quinsenera (I spell that different every time I write it) dresses bright. Poor kid.

I can honestly say that I fear two things in Mexico, accidently pooping my pants and hitting someone on their bike and or dog. Both I feel are inevitable. Thank goodness for Oxy Clean.

Well I guess I can say, everyone poops, but can you poop lime green?!? Maybe that should be on the tourist guide: Why yes I want to experience lime green poop, let’s go to Mexico!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Look at you, blogging queen! It's fun to see what you guys have been up to. Ash, you look fabulous! Beautiful as always. It looks like you guys are having quite the adventures. Thanks for all the fun posts!